Thursday, October 14, 2010

Reno and Beckwith on Aquinas

Some very kind words from theologian R. R. Reno over at First Thoughts:

As long as I’m quoting Ed Feser, I’ll recommend his superb book on the philosophy of St. Thomas Aquinas, Aquinas: A Beginner’s Guide. I started reading it on the plane back to Omaha last Friday and couldn’t put it down. Feser explains basic concepts in metaphysics very well, and he gives the clearest, most helpful account of the famous Five Ways, the proofs St. Thomas gives for the existence of God, that I’ve read. I’ve often taught the Five Ways, and after reading Feser I’ll do a much better job next time.

And philosopher Francis Beckwith recommends Aquinas alongside the works of Ralph McInerny and Brian Davies. I’m red-faced. Thanks, fellas!

6 comments:

  1. It's a great book, Ed.

    Forthcoming in Philosophia Christi is my review essay of the book, "Guidance for Doting and Peeping Thomists." In that essay, I spend some time addressing the Thomist problem with Intelligent Design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ed

    High praise, indeed!

    Kudos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this book going to be released for the Kindle?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reno,isn't he a convert from lutheranism to Catholicism?
    J.budziszweski, F.Beckwith, Robert Koons, R.R Reno.... Out of intriguing curiosity how many scholarly thinkers converted to Catholicism from 2004-2008?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Must be the free and easy sex.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 2nd Anon,
    you're a moron.
    One of those "brights" who thinks they have a clue.

    ReplyDelete